In the merriment of my Birthday I thought of making this as topic of my post today! CAKES! … Love them …. Cakes are usually tied to some celebration or festivity .. But personally I do not need a reason to have one 🙂 … One good thing about Cakes is they could be eaten no matter what meal it is …be it break fast, a coffee/tea break, dessert … Cakes either are or have been one’s favorite …. I had tasted Lemon Cake for the first time when I made my first trip to ‘Starbucks’ in US … It seemed tempting to begin with, and after tasting it fell in love with it .. the taste of it was simply mind-boggling … I would never miss to grab a bite of it whenever I make a trip to ‘Starbucks’ … I was never into baking before .. This made me take up Baking 🙂 …and I seemed to have been enjoying it more off late 🙂 … I learnt this recipe from my Sister … Try it out and leave me your comments!
3 Eggs (Should be @ room temperature)
1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour (I typically use Gold Medal or Pillsbury brand)
1 3/4 sticks of unsalted Butter (Should be @ room temperature)
3/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
Lemon Zest from 1/2 lemon
Lemon Juice from 1/2 lemon
2-3 tbsp of Sugar to coat
- In a big mixing bowl add the butter and sugar. Mix the two well enough till it forms a white colored liquid. Would take up to 10 mins.
- Now add in the eggs. Beat the mixture nicely, till it increases to twice its original volume.
- Now add the flour, stirring the mixture at the same time to prevent any formations of lumps. Mix well.
- Now add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a small baking tray and add the batter to it.
- Coat this with sugar all over.
- In a preheated oven, bake the cake @ 350 deg F for about 20 – 30 min. To know if the cake is baked well, pierce a fork or a knife into it to see if it comes out clean.
- Once its baked, let it cool down. Once its cooled its ready to be savored 🙂