I have been requested to post some recipes of cakes. Here is one of my all time favorites. My friend Sharada, had made this cake for one of our potluck dinners. And I fell in love with it. When you bite into the small pieces of apple while relishing the cake it feels heavenly.
Don’t feel like eating the fruit by itself try it out this way. I guarantee you will love it too :). ‘An Apple a day keeps the Doctor Away’ .. After eating this you will not keep the apple away :).
Note: All ingredients should be at room temperature for great result.
1 1/2 Red Delicious Apples (peeled and cut into small bites. Place the cut apple pieces in water to prevent them from darkening)
1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (3/4 cups of butter approximately)
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 deg F.
- Grease the baking pan with some butter.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk butter and sugar for 3 mins.
- Now add the eggs and whisk for another 3 mins.
- Now add vanilla extract, baking powder and mix well.
- Add in the flour slowly, making sure not to form lumps.
- If you think that the mixture is too thick, add in a little luke warm milk.
- Once all ingredients are mixed well, toss in the cut apple bites and stir in gently.
- Toss this batter in the greased baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 deg F for approximately 30 – 40 mins.
- Use a tooth pick or a knife to check if the cake is baked.
- Let the cake cool down and its ready .
- Warm the cake a little before eating for better taste.
- Vanilla flavored custard goes well with this cake.