With another hiatus of no posts I am back to blogging. Hope everyone is keeping warm during the winters :). This is my second winter without snow and I m Loving it :).
Today I am sharing a recipe of an appetizer with you all. This is a quick, not so usual and mouth-watering recipe. If you are a pizza averse person trust me you won’t be after trying this out. I used puff pastry and peppers to make these ‘Mini Pizza Bites’.
Hope this recipe finds a spot in your menu for the upcoming holiday dinners. Happy Holidays all!
Ingredients: (This will make up to 20 – 22 pizza bites)
1 big red pepper (cut into small cubes)
1 big yellow pepper (cut into small cubes)
1 big orange pepper (cut into small cubes)
1 big green pepper (cut into small cubes)
1 red onion (finely chopped)
3 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
salt to taste
puff pastry sheets (I used 1 entire box. These need to be thawed and @ room temperature.)
grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
dry or fresh basil leaves to garnish
hot chili sauce (optional)
1 tbsp oil
- Pre heat oven @ 375 deg F.
- In a pan add the oil. Once hot, add the onions and saute till golden brown. Now add the tomatoes and salt and cook it covered till you see oil along the sides of the pan. Cook with the lid open, to evaporate water (if any). Now add tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Using a small round cookie cutter cut out small circles of the puff pastry sheets.
- Place the cut pieces on a cookie sheet, making sure to leave enough space between two. Using a fork, poke some holes on each cut piece.
- Now spread the prepared onion and tomato paste on each piece.
- Mix all the cut peppers in a small bowl. Now place a handful on each piece.
- Sprinkle cheese over each piece.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake these mini pizza bites until the puff pastry is cooked (golden brown in color)
- Once cooked, remove from oven and drizzle some hot chili sauce if desired. Sprinkle some basil leaves to add to the flavor.