I love chocolate and will never get bored with it (at least I hope not :)). This post is for all you chocolate lovers, like me. Chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies & pancakes, chocolate covered strawberries, nutella stuffed crepes are my all time favorites. This past Diwali I made ‘Chocolate Burfi’ and to my surprise it turned out decent. I have some of my friends who tasted it to vouch for this :). I found this recipe online and was delighted to know that it wasn’t that difficult. Give this quick and easy recipe a try. There is no harm to add a few calories to your diet during the festive season :).
Instant Dry Milk (Milk Powder) – 2 1/2 cups
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1/2 pint (@ room temperature)
Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup (use store-bought confectioners sugar)
Dark Chocolate Chips – a little less than 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp
unsalted butter or ghee (clarified butter for greasing) or parchment paper
- Grease an eight inch baking pan, or a plate which has raised sides with butter or ghee or place a parchment paper in it. Cut the paper to match the size of the plate or pan you are using, making sure to cover the edges completely.
- In a large microwave proof mixing bowl, mix milk powder, sugar, cream. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Now cook the above mixture in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove it and stir well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Repeat step 3 until the mixture rises. You have to cook for 1 minute at a time. Once you see the mixture rising in the bowl, that’s an indication of it being cooked.
- Remove and stir well. Pour half of this mixture in the greased pan. Spread evenly using a spatula. Set it aside to cool. (10 minutes)
- In the remainder mixture add the chocolate chips and cocoa powder. The warmth of the mixture should be enough to melt the chocolate chips.
- Check if the white mixture has cooled down. Now pour the chocolate mixture on it and spread evenly. Place this in the refrigerator to cool and set. It will take 20 to 30 minutes.
- After it has cooled and set completely, remove it from the refrigerator and cut into small pieces of your desired shape.