Hello readers! Hope all is well with you all. The inception of spring and the notion that summer ain’t that far away inspired me to get back to writing.
Today, I bring you a quick, easy, healthy and super tasty salad. I was introduced to this salad when I visited a good old friend for lunch. The main ingredient of this salad is spinach. I know of limited ways of using spinach in my cooking. I was pleasantly surprise to have stumbled upon this recipe. This would make a good side dish or can be enjoyed as a salad too.
Give this recipe a try. This is a great way to incorporate greens in your daily diet!
2 cups of finely chopped fresh spinach
3 tbsp greek yogurt (or yogurt with the water drained out)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
salt to taste
3 tsp green chillies (or to taste)
1 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp white urad dal
1 tsp dalia (roasted chana dal)
2-3 curry leaves
2 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 – 2 tsp freshly ground cumin powder
- Mix the yogurt with salt in a big bowl.
- Toss in the spinach and tomatoes and mix lightly until all spinach is nicely coated with the yogurt and set aside.
- In a small pan heat the oil. Once hot, add the asafoetida, mustard seeds, urad dal, dalia, green chilies and curry leaves.
- After you here crackling add the onions. Cook the onions until they are translucent.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the cooked onions over the spinach. Mix well.
- Now garnish with freshly ground cumin powder.
- I feel boiled chickpeas would be a good addition to this salad.
- Another option to savor this salad would be to use this between slices of bread, along with some cheese and enjoy it as a sandwich.