Happy Saturday to all my readers!
Are you the one who has the urge to eat something sweet after every meal? It’s 3 pm and you are craving for an afternoon snack? Are you looking for an energy boost to kickstart your day? Look no further. Today I bring to you a recipe which can fulfill all of the above desires.
This is a recipe made form dates and nuts. It has no added sugar! This includes walnuts and almonds which have the health benefits of reducing bad cholesterol. Good part is you can replace this recipe with the nuts of your choice. It makes a very good alternative for dessert too (a healthier version).
Try it out and leave me your feedback.
Ingredients (yield’s 8 – 10 pieces )
1.5 cups dates (seedless finely chopped)
1 cup roughly chopped nuts: I used walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios
1 tsp almond butter (use any unsalted butter of your liking)
NOTE: You can cut the dates into very small pieces using a sharp knife OR If you have a big food processor: Add the dates first and mix them until they combine into a big lump.
- In a big mixing bowl add all the above ingredients.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well combined. (Trust me your hands will be the best mixing tool :))
- Roll the mixture into a long cylinder. Cover with cling wrap/parchment paper and store in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove and cut into small pieces.
- Store this in the refrigerator until consumed.
- Some other options for almond butter: regular unsalted butter or cashew butter or nutella.
- You can also add cranberries and raisins and reduce the quantity of dates
- Other ingredients that can be added: dried coconut flakes, chocolate chips etc.