Cold weather has hit most parts of US. East coast gets the glow of snow and California coast, finally gets some rain (after 3 years of dry winter). Cold weather calls for getting cozy and lazy :).
Fritters of various kind and adraki chai (ginger tea) is my favorite combo during cold weather. Today I bring to you a recipe of a very common Indian tea time snack. It’s called Khari. These are baked crunchy crackers made from puff pastry. These taste even better when dipped in tea :). Give this recipe a try and enjoy it with any hot drink of your choice.
1 count puff pastry sheets (~ 10″ X 15″)
2 – 3 tsp cumin seeds
1 – 2 tsp melted butter
- Pre-heat oven at 350 deg F.
- Thaw the pastry sheet, until it comes to room temperature.
- Lay the sheet and roll out the edges using a rolling-pin. You have to roll it very lightly, just to smooth the edges.
- Sprinkle the cumin seeds all over the sheet and then press them into the sheet using the rolling-pin.
- Brush butter over the sheet.
- Cut small rectangular pieces of your desired choice.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Layout the cut pieces on the sheet, leaving some space between two pieces.
- Bake these until the base is caramelized. Then flip them over and bake until the other side is caramelized too.
- You can use carom seeds or dried fenugreek leaves for other flavors.
- Pair these with coffee or hot chocolate